Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gutted

We are moving forward with home repair. It seems if you want to do things the right way, first you must destroy!!! I wanted to post a few pictures of our progress.

This is where our kitchen used to be. I am so relieved that it is gone. Brandon said he found a mouse trap in the wall while he was removing the cabinets. Luckily there was no mouse in it...what is wrong with people?


Here is Brandon removing the floor. Luckily they did a really poor job and so the tiles came up pretty easily. I know that it may appear that I am not helping, but rather "supervising" and taking pictures, but I was in charge of carrying all of the tile to the "pile" outside. Also, I purchased a microwave for the kitchen, and that is helping!

Here is the pile I mentioned. It feels really good to tear out all of this crap and start new, with a blank canvas. I will keep you posted with our progress, and we hope to have a house warming party in April. Of course at that point not all of our projects will be complete, but we should have a new kitchen and a new floor! YAY!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Are you going to post more pictures? I know you've been doing stuff while I am away!!!