This picture illustrates B's handy work and my digging skills. I'll tell you that since this picture was taken I have filled the box with manure and soil and seeds and covered it with net to keep dirty birds away.
I purchased The Extreme Gardener, and have read all about how to grow veggies in the harsh Tucson weather and was surprised to find out how many things you can plant mid July. My fingers are crossed that something will grow. I have planted corn, melon, various types of squash, bok choy, cilantro, arugula, and a few types of peppers. And if they grow and are edible I will share with you.
On a home improvement note; my step father and B have been working on the guest bathroom and the shower tiling has begun. It has become quite a challenge, as my beautiful, Mexican fish tile are all sorts of different shapes and sizes and instead of "tiling" they are putting together a puzzle! But it is really looking good and I am so excited that something is happening. As soon as this bathroom is done we can finish up the tile and guest bedroom and move to the west wing of the house. I predict a house warming party this year, but that's all I can promise for now.
1 comment:
i want to see pictures of your sprouting plants!
Post a Comment