Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Again with the garden?

Now its just out of control! There are zucchini and yellow squash and melons and now even corn growing big and delicious. Even the arugula is enormous! Unfortunately, we lost pretty much all of the bok choy to caterpillars, but I do have some very beautiful butterflies now. And a lot of "good" bugs have moved in - spiders with pretty webs and lady bugs. Sadly no pumpkins have grown, but all of the squash plants have beautiful big yellow flowers. And each morning when I tend to the garden I feel relaxed and happy and ready for another day.....

I survived the first week of school and am looking forward to getting through September and back to some sort of normalcy at work. I am also looking forward to beerfest and the renovations to continue at home - work has begun on the east wing. My plan is to have most everything wrapped up before Thanksgiving and a house warming/ Christmas party in December - watch for an evite!

No comments: