So yesterday was the big day; we got to bring home the new puppy! Turns out she was already spayed, so she didn't have to have surgery. I am only a little annoyed that they insisted on keeping her two extra days for NOTHING! The important thing is that she is home now.
So far, she doesn't seem to be a cat eater. Armanda was very excited to meet her, and Darla was a little afraid of Armanda at first. I don't think she's ever seen a cat. She seems interested in sniffing at her and has tried to play with her a few times. She has also never seen a TV. She was afraid of that too. Darla is very curious about everything and likes to really get her nose wherever she can. She doesn't seem to understand her bed and sleeps next to it. She likes toys, especially Klyde's toy that I saved. She also likes sticks and garbage.
She has a vet appointment this Friday and we are hoping to get her to a groomer (she smells like the stinky pound) and signed up for training right away. She has a lot to learn! And I am looking forward to a puppy shower once she gets a bit more settled.
So far so good; more adventures of Ms Darla to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment