Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lucky Lemons

As everyone knows, I LOVE animals. Since I moved out on my own when I was 17 I have had several pets that I have loved and cuddled and kissed and whom have made me very happy. I have kept a steady little farm inside of my home. Unfortunately, almost all of them have had some serious medical issues. A brief animal/medical history:
Oscar (Kitty, 1999-2004) Crystal blockage in his urinary tract. Approximate cost: 400$.
Mosley (Kitty, 1999-alive and well) Cat fight that resulted in a massive tail injury, and a leaky eye (also known as the herp). Costs: minimal, all things considered.
Chile "Booger" Face (Kitty, the days of Christ-2005) Facial reconstruction following a long undetected injury from kittenhood. Approximate cost: 400$.
Kitty "Kitty" Meow Meow A.K.A. MaryJane (Kitty, 2001-2007) Brain something or other, not good. Cost: 1000+$.
Chuck Norris (Kitty, sometime on the street-2007) Crystal blockage in his urinary tract. Cost: 1000$.
Klyde "Klydorozny" Zadorozny (Best friend/Puppy, 2002-2008) Insulinoma (a type of pancreatic cancer). Cost: 1200$.
Armanda (Kitty, 2004-alive and well) Surprisingly, nothing. Which leads me to the newest development....
Darla Klyde Pope-Malings, (Puppy, 2008-alive and um, well.........)
Miss Darla Dogbreath has developed some joint issues in her very short life. She has Patellar Luxation in her right hind leg. Basically her knee pops out of socket often. We have consulted a surgeon and at this point we don't need to do anything, except keep her exercised and thin. Apparently it doesn't cause her any pain, and is more of annoyance than anything else. But now.....
She has something going on with her left leg. She saw the Doc. today. The good news is that he doesn't think it is going to turn out to be anything big. He says that it is most likely just growing pains! For now she is on an anti inflammatory and a few weeks of bed rest. And, besides a little bit of localized pain, she is still a very happy girl. I will let you know if anything comes of it.
The point of this blog however, is to give everyone a short update about baby Darla and to talk about my "luck" with picking lemons; and the luck of these poor, sweet, little animals who manage to choose me to care for them. I am not complaining. I am just kind of bewildered. I love my precious little lovers and would never ever not want to have them (and all of their issues) in my life. I really just want to keep them healthy, and most importantly happy.
But Darla and I could use your prayers just in case!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to Darla. I know exactly how she feels. My knee goes out and I fall because I have an acl missing. Surgery the 31st. So Darla pray for me...mom2