I am a lucky girl, no will argue this fact.
In a few weeks I am going to Costa Rica for work - which means my ticket is paid for, my room and board are taken care of, and I get to stay an extra week when B will fly down to join me. I am looking forward to white water rafting, dancing and Spanish lessons, and as always....the FOOD! The only trouble is, B and I are poor folks so I'm not so sure how we are going to afford the "vacation" portion of the trip.
This is why I am offering up my services for a nominal fee. What services you may ask...well, that's a good question... I guess I know how to clean house, and house sit, and maybe even babysit (that's a BIG maybe). I am also really good at accepting donations! Or, if you are feeling the budget crunch as much as we are, then I am happy to accept recommendations - if you know how to be frugal in Costa Rica then please share your wealth of knowledge with us.
Regardless, I am sure we will find a way and we will have a blast - there's no doubt really. Costa Rica is an amazing opportunity. And as my mom has always told me, "there are only 3 good reasons to go in to debt: Education, Homeownership, and Traveling the World!"
To share another fun and related quote, my friend Sara told me, "I can breast feed in Costa Rica if you're buying the ticket!"
1 comment:
From time to time I catch up on your blog and saw this post! A grad student friend of mine was just in Costa Rica and stayed at some incredible youth hostels. I would be happy to share her name and email if you are interested. When Sean and I went for our honeymoon 5+ years ago the most expensive thing was the flight there - other than that we ate, drank, slept like kings for dollars a day!
Lucky you going for work :)
Post a Comment