Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Its still not enough

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30227335/?GT1=43001

According to this article, United Airlines will begin charging for a second seat for their very large passengers.

"The airline’s policy — posted on United's Web site — states that if a passenger cannot fit into a single seat, buckle their seat belt with an additional seat belt extension, or put the seat’s armrest down, the airline will ask that passenger to pay for an extra seat or stay behind."

I personally don't think this new policy is adequate. Last time B and I flew, on our way back from LV, a very large woman sat next to B. She was able to put the armrest down and was able to buckle herself in using just one seat belt extension, but she still took up half of B's seat, leaving him anxious and uncomfortable. Had it not been only an hour flight he would have asked to be reseated. He paid for his seat and should be entitled to the entire seat.

I don't meant to sound as if I'm ragging on extremely large folks, that is not my intention, but we all deserve to be comfortable and should pay for what we use. If you sit in two seats you should pay for two seats. Or, in B's case, if he is only able to use half of his seat, he should be given a discount.

I personally won't flight United anyhow, as they allow people with dogs in the cabin - pooping stinky dogs.. Like I have said before, I will never complain about a crying baby on a plane again...

No comments: