Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I guess it's about time to update my blog

I am such a slacker. But I am sure there is a very good explanation....hmmm....nope, can't think of one. Just lazy. It's not even that I haven't had anything good to talk about....

So I guess I should go ahead and update you on my new year so far.

Over winter closure, I had a ton of fun spending time with my family; my cousin Andre was in from RI, and friends. Oh, it was so nice to not have a job...I have said it before but it bears repeating - I would be so good at being wealthy!

I quit eating meat, again. I finished off 2009 the same way it had begun; with a delicious bowl of Linda's menudo. Although, I still crave seafood quite a bit, it has pretty easy to fall back into the veggie swing.

Brandon and I finally celebrated our two year anniversary (only 10 months late) with a nice dinner out to Vivace with his family. It was a lovely evening and just in time for our three year anniversary to sneak up on us. I cannot believe we have been married for three years already! And as of March we will have officially survived the 7 year itch.

I've started my spring garden. So far, it's just a few styrofoam cups sitting on my window sill with a few tomato and pepper seeds waiting to sprout. I still have quite a bit to do outside to get the garden beds ready for the warmer weather.

Bookclub is back in full swing. Reading a lot more these days and really enjoying it. So much exciting news in bookclub crew - Baby Liam is already 4 months old, Kristy and Jane are engaged, and Maggie is, well, probably not too far behind....

Outside of bookclub I have been making new friends and rekindling old friendships. Spending a lot of time with some really great women and a few cute babies too. I have to say that I am really having the time of my life - every weekend is so much fun and full of new memories (pics are updated regularly on Facebook).

The spring semester has started at school, so work is pretty busy, and I don't have much time to blog - but I promise to try to keep up. I have a lot of exciting things coming up this year that I am going to want to share.

March is my 28th birthday and I am looking forward to seeing Alice in Wonderland in 3D, having a birthday fiesta, and actually celebrating my anniversary on time! Later in the year I am looking forward to a work trip down to Mexico and in September a trip over to Denver for the Great American Beer Festival. I am really looking forward to 2010 being an amazing year!

No comments: