I usually have pretty vivid dreams, which I promptly forget as I rush around the house trying not to be too late in the mornings. But last night I had the scariest dream I've had in a long time and it is sticking with me today. I felt I should write it down, get it out of me (and I have been a bad blogger recently, so this seemed to be a good spot to do that).
I am on an airplane - a huge airplane. I'm with my sister, my mom, my step-dad, and B. I imagine we are flying over New York as I can see the Statue of Liberty, but I also see all sorts of land marks; so it could be a fair or museum, or who knows what... Anyway, lots of people are standing up, looking out the windows. It's noisy, everyone discussing what they see, where they're going, how long it will take. Then I have a thought. This is too good, this is how horror stories start. I start to pray a little inside my head, just asking for safety. Just then you can here the flight attendant and the pilot come on the radio - everyone listens thinking it will be an announcement, and the plane turns, hard to the side. It isn't an announcement, it sounds like they they don't realize they are on the speaker. There is some back and forth, hard to distinguish, but I hear the pilot say something about the left wing. We are full turn now and the ground is getting closer. I have enough time to tell my mom and B that I love them. And I pray. I close my eyes and I hear/feel impact.
That's when I woke up.
I am not afraid of flying, but this dream certainly rattled me. Luckily I was able to fall right back to sleep and had dreams about adopting puppies for the rest of the night.
2 comments:
That sounds pretty intense! I hate those dreams were you go back to sleep and pick up where you left off. At least you dreamed of puppies the rest of the night!
That dream sounds terrible! Did you analyze?
Post a Comment