Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Well, look at this. Here we are back at Thursday. Even with rules, I'm a terrible blogger.

Anyway, today I am mostly thankful that it is Thursday. I feel like this has been a very long week, and I have thought it was Thursday since Tuesday. I have a few errands to run this evening, and work tomorrow, but...I'm taking a half day tomorrow so I am really looking forward to that.

I am also thankful that I met with my new PCP (primary care doc) this week and she told me that I am as healthy as a healthy teenager. I told her that I am trying to lose some weight and she told me to eat better and exercise...blah...of course she did. But she's right. And I want to remain as healthy as a teenager. And a thinner teenager at that.

I am thankful that my dad is alive and well. It has been an interesting few weeks down in Bocas del Toro according to his Facebook status updates. A few weeks ago the Banana workers went on strike, causing riots. Streets were shut down and no food or gas were coming in. The nice thing about Panama is you can fish and eat the fruit that grows wild - so he survived. But then this week, a guy he knows from the pizza place is charged with 3 murders. This guy is now on the run, but was apparently killing American property owners, hiding their bodies on the property, and claiming that he had paid cash and the former residents had headed back to the states........I'm thankful my dad's house is taking longer to build than originally planned. I am looking forward to seeing him home next week.

And lastly (not that I'm not thankful for much, much more, but..) I am thankful that I am going to get in a lot of girl time this weekend. Tomorrow I will spend some time with my friend Gwenavir, then on Saturday some dress shopping with my aunt and cousin (who has asked me to be her Matron of Honor!!! Woo hoo), and then dinner and patio with my book club ladies. I am looking forward to this weekend. And hopefully, I'll be able to sneak in a nap as well.

No comments: