I'm just starting out - 3 pounds lost on a 30 pound goal. I am counting calories and adding exercise. I refuse to give up Thai food and beer - so it has been a challenge eating well and still having enough calories left for those necessities.
The other thing I am doing is pledging to donate one pound of food to the community food bank for each pound I lose. This adds to the accountability piece, it is good for the community, and will be kind of neat to haul my lost weight in. It is a pretty sad state that so many people in our country are so overweight while so many are going hungry.... Anyhow, I think it would be great if you would like to join me in my effort to lose weight and feed the hungry. Sara over at TheSuburbaniteFarmer has agreed to match me pound for pound that I donate. I've also contacted the food bank to see if they have any kind of established program like this - I know they used too.
So, join me...or at least follow me along this new journey....

Community Food Bank Update: I heard back from the food bank and they don't currently have any pound for pound challenges going on - but that's okay, I'm going to start this one on my own anyhow. I don't think they'll refuse my donation
1 comment:
Good for you. I am very proud of you and looking forward to donating 30 pounds of food in your honor!
Post a Comment