
Oh no. Absolut put out an ad, in Mexico, that shows Mexico taking up most of America. Yes, our beloved USA. Are you pissed yet?
I'm am.....but not because of this ad. I think this ad is kinda funny and perhaps historically accurate!
My frustration comes from the unbelievable, ignorant, and I would say racist comments that have been made toward Absolut since this ad campaign made its way on the internet and up to the US.
Most people are going out of there way to let Absolut know that they will no longer purchase there products. Many are making comments about the Absolut marketers leaving the US. And some have decided that this ad shows Absolut's link to terrorism - okay, that just makes me laugh.
Mostly, it just irritates me that many Americans are so racist. And in this kind of "we're protecting what's ours," politically correct racism that people feel free to talk about at work, forward emails about, even leave MySpace comments about. Well, Absolut has insprired me to take a shot and to let you all know how I feel about all of it.
Stop it! I don't want to hear about how "their taking our jobs" or how they are using up social security or how they are linked to terrorism. Most of the crap that gets sent around isn't based in any fact, only hate. And there is nothing that I hate more than hate. Well hate, and ignorance. The majority of our families started out in the US as immigrants, some were perhaps illegals! I don't care where people were born - I care about human rights, I care about history, I care about hydration, I care about people.
In closing, if you don't agree with me, that's fine, I respect your opinion. I just want to live my life based on humanity and truth. Also, I want to laugh about how mad people can get over a vodka ad!
"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others."
-John F. Kennedy
1 comment:
Kudos for saying what many won't. Or maybe we are the few since we live in the mist of it. Either way you did a good job!!!! love mom2
Post a Comment