We spent this weekend moving in to our new home! Yes, very exciting indeed, especially because the house is not what you might call "move-in ready."
B and my dad have begun laying the tile, but its no where near complete.
We have no kitchen - well, actually we have a kitchen, a beautiful brand new kitchen thanks to my step-dad. The granite counter tops are in and amazing. In a room down the hall sits a brand new dishwasher and stove....but at this time the kitchen is inoperable.
We have no hot water. After much drama with our home warranty company I purchased a new hot water heater, but it has yet to be installed. I don't mind so much as I am afraid to venture into the shower in the remaining bathroom - the bathtub is the original 1960s and the people who lived here before us were here for over 20 years. Thats 20+ years of soap scum and feet....Don't worry, B and I have YMCA membership, so we wont be stinky.
One of the bedrooms is still in its original condition and the second bathroom is completely ripped out. There is also a very large pile of trash in the yard. And one of the worst things is that we have no window coverings - my neighbors already know to much!
Anyhow, I am so excited to be living in my house finally! I felt very comfortable, more than I thought I would, as there are no security bars on the windows. The animals seem to be adjusting alright. I was nervous for Armanda as this was her very first move, but she seems to be happy to be with us and with Mo and with her stuff. Mo is a moving pro - this is something like her 13th move, and she seems unphased. I think the construction will most likely cause them the most anxiety.
Things are moving forward and looking great, and as of now we anticipate a June house-warming. So I am looking forward to everyone seeing our house in real life and in a livable condition. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment