A very important shower. The very first shower in my brand new house! We are moved in, but still very much under construction, as you can read in my previous blog. I scrubed and bleached and mixed chemicals until the still intact bathroom became somewhat sanitary and useful. My dad installed our new hot water heater (which I am still trying to get reimbursed for). And I prepared for my first shower. At this point I'm not excited to be showering in this gross bathroom, but at the same time I am excited to be living in my new house, and that showering is an option.
I turn the faucet on, and adjust to get the perfect balance of hot and cold water. The shower nozzle is old and water sprays everywhere. Soon I am in the shower, soaping up, feeling pretty happy. I do notice that the bath is collecting water, and decide I should move quickly to avoid overflow. Just about this time B comes in to the bathroom (its okay, were married) and asks me why I got water all over the floor. I tell him about the crappy nozzle, but he insists something is wrong...and it is. I peak out and there is about an inch of water on the floor. I wonder if maybe the bathtub is leaking. I rinse quickly and turn off the water while B goes to investigate further.
Then I hear screams and a string of curse words not appropriate for for this blog. The other bathroom, on the other side of the house is flooded too! And my brand new kitchen cabinets are sitting in about an inch of water. I try to remain calm. It is difficult, but I manage. I call my dad. Its about 11:30 in the night at this time, and so there is not much we can really do, except lay towels and pray that the water doesn't do any damage and that we don't have any serious plumbing issues.
B and my dad snaked yesterday, and it was just a clog, thank goodness. The floor has dried and I can shower again and no damage was done! We did lose a few nice towels though (hint, hint). But we are moving forward and learning more and more as homeowners. I am trying to set a date for the house warming (probably early June)- I think goals are easier to accomplish when a timeline is set.
2 comments:
that story made me laugh! It sounds like you are having quite an adventure.
oh my!!!! That stinks...but it's good that it's working now..and that you don't have to shower at the Y.
Post a Comment