Monday, April 28, 2008

But I wanna eat the cupcake...


Generally, I prefer salty snacks. But once in a while I get a craving for something sweet. Something that will rot my teeth and produce a euphoric sugar high. Well, that once in a while was Friday evening. I was enjoying a few beers with B and Web on our back porch when the craving struck. The boys were also in a munchie mood and so we all piled in to my car for a Circle K trip. Web purchased Cheetos, mmm, Cheetos. And I selected both the chocolate and the vanilla Hostess cupcakes, I couldn't make up my mind and figured I could share with B. We arrive back at our home and B selects a chocolate. He seems to be enjoying it and I reach for the vanilla. B grabs the package from me and begins reading the ingredients. (He has started doing this since I gave up meat, but cupcakes, really?) Then, he starts to laugh. It turns out those delicious Hostess cupcakes are laced with beef fat! So gross, and so dissappointing. Maybe not so dissappointing for B as he indulged in his second cupcake. I am still happy with my decision to turn veggie, but almost everyday I learn of some new disgusting fact that makes some tasty treat off limits; McDonald's french fries, donuts, pretty much soup of any kind, etc. What's next? I can't even bear to think it.

No comments: