Friday, June 20, 2008

The Best Week Ever!

I am a happy, happy girl! Tomorrow will be the start of a really fantastic week for me. Not only is the weekend finally here (thank goodness!) but I have a lot of really great things coming up.
Saturday I am going to spend the day with my grandmother looking for a new dining room set, which will relieve some of my anxiety about dining space. After that I plan to go down to the local pool and sunbathe. I need to work on my base tan for Mexico!
Sunday, B and I plan to do some stuff to the house: hang blinds, start the compost, etc.
Monday I am meeting with a few very important people from my former highschool to discuss the possbility of me joining the board!!! This would be such an amazing professional opportunity. I could really learn a lot, network, and hopefully give back to my school.
Thursday is my annual review (fingers crossed for a raise, but I know we are in budget cuts, so keeping my job will be reward enough for now). Then Thusday evening my mom and I will be rocking out an Ani DiFranco concert (this will be my 4th, her 3rd). And then off to bed to get rested for.....
Friday morning we will be on our way to Puerto Penasco! This wil be our official summer vacation, so I am looking forward to fun, sun, beach, cerveza, and.....
EATING SEAFOOD!
One of the rules I made when I gave up eating meat was that I can not sacrifice culture in the name of diet. So when I travel, if the culture calls for me to eat Camerones de Ajo, who am I to complain!
I can't wait!

1 comment:

Xochi Mama said...

It sounds like you have a great week coming up. I think you are going to do just fabulous at your meeting on Monday!