The Vegetarian Files
The other night I was watching a show about the meth epidemic in Arizona and they profiled some prisoners in Phoenix. The convicts were showing the viewers where the sleep, where they shower, what they eat, etc. They eat what appeared to be rotten bologna! And I thought, "Can you be a vegetarian in prison?"
Well, in turns out you can! And the following link will educate you on the top 10 best prisons to go veg!
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/12/top_10_vegetari.php
I also learned that you can be vegetarian in the military. From what I read the military offers several meal items sans meat. Although, the article did warn that you will probably be harrassed for being different, just as if you were say short or wiccan.
Moving on....
While speaking with a good friend last night it occured to me that I have been on the veggie path for more than six months now and have yet to eat at many of Tucson's vegetarian restaurants. So here is a list of places that I would like to try before the end of 08:
Govinda's Natural Food Buffet
Casbah Cafe, Bakery, and Teahouse
Julia's Vegetarian Catering (Which I have attempted to eat at several times, but is never open. Also Moy's Veggiemeats)
Loving Spoonfuls - I have eaten here, once. The food was pretty good, but way over priced. I'd like to try it again, but probably for a special occasion.
I will update you on my progress and let you know how the food and service are.
No comments:
Post a Comment