Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flashback

I was enjoying lunch yesterday with a few friends from the office. The musak was playing a lot of really bad songs from the 80s and I was singing along. We started reminiscing about the days of our youth: the clothes, the music, the boys! This was a time when The New Kids on the Block were hot and we watched shows like ALF and Full House.

Very embarrassing really.

This blog will expose the girlhood crushes of these friends, for better or worse!

Both of the girls I am about to expose have blogs of their own, and you can link to them right from my page. I would also like to note that all of us are now married and have since said goodbye to hyper color, banana clips and grade school crushes.

Let's begin with Sarah. Her pick for teen heart throb was plastered all over Tiger Beat and millions of young girls dreamed of one day getting to hold hands with this young Hollywood "hunk." Seriously, girls went crazy to see this boy and I can still hear that high pitched screaming when I think about it now.

Jonathan Taylor Thomas, of Home Improvement fame. (a side note, apparently Jonathan no longer likes to be referred to as 'JTT')



Next up, is Sara. This one I can really relate to as I have watched this movie hundreds of times. His voice, his power...well, you can kind of get lost in it, right?


Now we have all had a good laugh, but honestly, so many girls shared these crushes. I don't think that these youthful attractions are so bad. I mean, they made me laugh, but I don't think they compare to mine!

I can't even believe that I am going to share this with the world.



When I was little, very little, back in the 80s. I had my first celebrity crush. When playing "house" I would pretend that we were married and that he was away on tour.

In my defence, I think I was way ahead of my time. Think about it. My "husband" was rich and famous and gone most of the time. He was my sugar daddy. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Is it?

2 comments:

Xochi Mama said...

I think this is one of the most hilarious blogs! Oh-those were the days.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is funny! Thanks for giving me a good laugh while I am home sick!