I had to comment on the following news story as I am outraged:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2008/08/123_28856.html
As many of you already know puppies are now being cloned and sold (for upwards of 150,000 dollars) to silly, gluttonous Americans. I find this disgusting and immoral. There are so many things wrong with this. I feel that this is morally reprehensible and find that playing God is almost never acceptable. Beyond that I feel a great sadness for all of the pound puppies waiting for homes, who will most likely sit alone and abandoned in a small stinky cage until they meet their end. What is worse is that the puppies cloned were apparently pit bulls which you can find anywhere, especially at the local shelter. And most shelters will receive all kinds of fantastic mixed breeds and purebreds (Don Quixote and Klyde were both rescues). Not only that, but cloned animals are not exact copies - they will still have their own unique personalities and will never ever be able to replace the original. You don't need a cloned puppy, you need a therapist. Its time to let go.
Please adopt a pound puppy!
No comments:
Post a Comment