Friday, August 15, 2008

Yesterday was a good day

My handsome drooly boy is very sick and I wanted to make sure that everyone who loves him knows what is going on with him. So here goes... He started acting very strange on Tuesday morning; pacing, walking in circles, disoriented. We quickly got him to the ER followed by all day observation, a follow up appointment at the regular vet and a ton of blood work. The ER thought it was a brain tumor at first, but after some blood work it looks more like an insulinoma; a tumor on the pancreas which causes the body to make way too much insulin. The ultrasound didn't show us anything (not that that is uncommon as they can be microscopic and still do a ton of damage) and we are waiting on an insulin test to confirm this diagnosis, but at this point we are pretty sure. We should get the insulin test results on Wednesday at which time we will be meeting with the internalist, oncologist and surgeon. For right now we are just keeping him stable and happy. He is eating home cooked chicken, rice and veggies six times a day. And he is taking prednisone, which is helping him a lot. He is very hungry and very sleepy and he is not allowed to have any fun, not that he would be up for it. I am doing better too, after 3 days of not eating or sleeping I am feeling a little back to normal and very happy to have more time with my puppy. I will continue to let you know how he is doing and what the results are after Wednesday. Licks and Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh I am so sorry. It sounds like the problem has been caught early(he has a good mommy)and that is good. Give him a hug and kiss from me : ( and keep me updated. call me anytime.xoxo