I think the worst is over and my life is back on a happy upswing. Of course their is a little hole in my heart (5 actually), but it is beating. And I have a lot of very exciting things happening.
This morning I had a dentist appointment and was fitted for Invisalign. I had traditional braces when I was in middle school, so my teeth are in pretty good shape, but I never wore my retainer so I have had some movement. I didn't think much of the shifting, but recently it has been causing some soreness and headaches. A perfect smile is only (approximately) 14 months away.
My house is coming along. As you already know it has been a very slow process, but it is getting there. The guest bathroom is almost finished and B has been tiling the master wing. All of the big stuff* should be done by Thanksgiving.
*Finish the tile in the office and master bath
*Paint and hang doors and trim
*Install and tile guest bathroom cabinet
*Tear out master bath
*Install new bathtub and granite in master bath
See, not that much. Well, not in comparison to how much we have accomplished so far.
Thanksgiving is our deadline to have the house done because we will be hosting Thanksgiving at our home. I am really looking forward to it. Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays and it will be fun to have everyone over to our home.
After Thanksgiving, but before Christmas we want to have our official housewarming party. I can't wait for everyone to finally see it and all the work we've done. It will be almost a year that we've lived in the house, but I think it is important to share this experience with all of our friends and family and I know a lot of people who saw the house when we bought it will be amazed at the transformation.
And then, of course, Christmas! More importantly two weeks off from work!!! I have registered for a winter class and should be pretty busy over the break, but this class will allow me to finish up with school by March. The graduation ceremony will be in May and my godmother has offered to throw me a small celebration. I already have the dress (and it is amazing)!
And at some point in between all of this craziness I hope to get a puppy (and have a puppy shower)! Our thought is to wait until I am done with school, so that we will have more time with the new puppy and I can enroll in formal training. I am starting to think the two weeks at Christmas might also be a good time. What we have agreed on is that we can not get a new dog while the house is still under construction - but the important thing is that we have agreed to get a dog. B even accompanied me to the shelter so we could start getting an idea of what he wants and what I want and what will be best for the ladies. Of course no one could ever replace my sweet, sweet Klyde, but I feel that we have the opportunity to help another puppy and I have a whole lotta love to give. So, of course, I am very excited.
Whew! That is so much crazy goodness (and that's not even all of it)! And after this year I think I deserve it! I am very much looking forward to closing out 2008 and ringing in an amazing 2009!
2 comments:
yay for puppy showers!
Ahhh, winter closure. I can hardly wait!
Post a Comment