Thursday, October 9, 2008

FuKu Review and Sushi Haiku

rice gently wrapped in seaweed
avocado love
dipped in just enough soy sauce


hot miso and lunch ordered
fried role with eel sauce
ginger and wasabi end



A few friends and I tried the new FuKu Sushi down on University.

We sat outside as it is now technically fall.

Sushi comes with a salad, topped with a spicy ginger dressing and a small bowl of miso soup - very hot, pretty good. Edemame costs three dollars but is a large enough portion to share with the whole table.

Because I am special, I have a special request.

"Can I get the avocado role? But can you also add cream cheese? And then can you deep fry it? And then can you pour eel sauce all over it?" "Sure, no problem...but it'll cost you..." It ended up being 7 bucks - it was worth it.

They were not as accommodating for Vannessa, who could not exchange her run of the mill iceberg salad for cucumber.

I also had the veggie role. It was full of vegetables, nothing special.

I like that it is close, but for the money I'd still rather journey out of the parking garage and down Speedway to Saga or Cho. If I'm going to make the trek down to University in the future, its going to be for Vila Thai.

I've included the review from the Daily Wildcat; they get paid to do this.
http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2008/09/10/Wildlife/Sushi.Comes.To.Main.Gate-3423162.shtml

No comments: