So, you may have noticed that it has been quite a while since I blogged. Honestly, its hard to keep up with blogger, myspace, facebook, and that other social networking site...real life! But since I am home sickies, I thought I could provide an update on my goings on.
I am done with school! That's right, no more homework, no more late nights, no more Sundays spent cramming! I'm free! I will officially graduate in May, with honors no less. I have to admit that I am pretty proud of myself. For how hard I fought school during my undergrad, I really have made a lot of changes academically. I have also been looking into new school based endeavors, but so far I haven't had any luck deciding what I should do next. Mostly, I just want to avoid having to begin repaying my student loans.
Brandon and I traveled to Las Vegas to celebrate the end of my final class. We decided that Vegas is very expensive and had pretty much decided that we would not return and then....we met up with his family downtown (the old strip) and we are hooked! It is so much cheaper and more laid back. I played roulette for a few hours on just ten bucks and the servers actually bring you free drinks! I want to go back this summer when its a bit warmer and stay at the Golden Nugget. They have a shark tank in their pool, with a water slide that goes right through it!
Work has been good. I still have a job, so that's a plus! There are a lot of changes happening in my program though, and I am not even sure what is going to happen. I am trying to remain flexible and open to each new adventure.
I had a birthday! Late twenties have arrived, and It really doesn't feel any different, but its a new year with new goals. Being out of school will allow me to have a lot of extra time and I am going to try to learn how to cook (more better), so please feel free to invite yourself over sometime.
Around the house; we are still needing to finish up a bathroom and the tile and baseboards in two of the bedrooms. Then to unpacking and decorating. I hope this year we will finally be able to invite everyone over to see the progress. I have planted my spring garden, which has doubled in size since last spring and we are hoping to add chickens to the backyard farm. My dad is going to help us build a coop, whenever he returns from Panama. Darla and the ladies are all doing well. Darla's legs seem to be better with more exercise, so that has meant lots more walks for B and I. She also has a new boyfriend; my mom has a new little puppy and Darla just can't get enough of him!
So, I think that's about it for now. I will try to be a better blogger from now on. I have the time! Hope all is well with you and yours. xoxo
2 comments:
Welcome back to the blogging world!
Yay..I'm glad Darla found some Spring Love!
Post a Comment