Friday, March 20, 2009

Attack of the KILLER Fan!!!!

I have mentioned before that my dear Darla is somewhat of a wuss; she was afraid of the TV, of cats, of any unexpected noise, but her latest fear goes beyond normal anxiety and enters the realm of insanity.

As the days have been heating up in the Old Pueblo we have turned the heater off and started opening the windows. This is perfect weather - "not too warm, not too cold, but just right," said Goldilocks. It is just warm enough to begin using the ceiling fans to create a subtle breeze.

Darla can't stand it. She is so terrified of the ceiling fans I can't even begin to explain. I tried to take a picture of her bizarreness, but she runs and hides. She doesn't like the breeze that the ceiling fan creates, but whats worse it seems, is the movement of the fan. As soon as it goes on she sits at the edge of the room and stares at it, in a trance as it goes round and round. Poor thing, with her tail tucked between her legs. I have tried to comfort her, distract her with pets and treats, but she just can't get over it. I think she may need a doggy psychiatrist.

Poor little Darla Dollface, but what are we to do - this is Tucson after all.

1 comment:

Xochi Mama said...

Maybe you need to call a pet psychic to delve into Darla's past. I do have the name of a pet psychic.

Or she could have had a bad experience with a fan when she was in her puppy stage-maybe you should do some Freudian therapy on Darla?