Monday, March 23, 2009

Return of the green thumb

So, our house is still in disrepair. We need to finish the tile and baseboards in two of the bedrooms and add the finishing touches to both bathrooms (both of which work in the meantime). To me, this feels like stuff B should do. I am much happier to spend my time outside - no, not landscaping or hauling trash from our back yard or pulling weeds, but rather gardening. I have had such great luck the past two seasons that I am really starting to get into, and maybe becoming a bit obsessive. This is what I have growing as of now:
carrots
onions
green onions
tomatoes
artichoke
chard
bok choi
lettuce
spinach
arugula
basil
cilantro
sage
dill
cucumber
strawberry
pumpkins
eggplant
watermelon
zucchini
corn
peppers
lemon
and our newest addition...hops.
The next thing we will be adding to the backyard farm will be chickens, and despite popular belief we will not be eating the chickens, only their eggs. I am also taking up cooking, now that I don't have homework - so I look forward to cooking up something fresh from the garden for my friends to enjoy.

1 comment:

Xochi Mama said...

I am so jealous! I need to plant some stuff (with your help of course)