Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sick Days

Darla and I took a sick day yesterday. I woke up with a terrible migraine - I figure it was dehydration and just the stress of travel - a little sleep did the trick. (I reassured myself that it was not Dengue fever by taking my temperature a few times.) Darla was having a bad day too. She was so sleepy and lazy and just not herself so finally I took her off to the puppy ER. Of course we sat in the car for about 20 minutes before I took her in. The last time I was here I had to say goodbye to Klyde. Sure enough she had a fever and the barrage of diagnostics began. They also filled her full of fluids which gave her a creepy humpback appearance. We have gotten the first of the blood results back - so far nothing. I can't decide if this is good news or bad. The final blood test we are waiting on is Valley Fever and we should hear by Friday. In the meantime we just have to keep on eye on her for new or worsening symptoms. As always, I will let you know what we find out and what our next step will be. In the meantime lots of prayers and love for Miss Darla please.

No comments: