Saturday, December 5, 2009

House full of kids!

My best friend Jamie and her husband Brad and their two children (my god-babies), Keora and Aries came to stay with us for a few days last week. Brad is in the military and their family has been living in Oklahoma for the past few years. On Monday they will be flying to South Korea where they will live for the next two years.

Before they arrived I have to admit I was a little overwhelmed. Getting the house ready for 4 guests, 2 of which are children (which is fine, I just have limited experience) was a bit stressful, but totally worth it. We actually went through a lot of boxes that haven't been unpacked since we moved 2 years ago. It felt good to get rid of a lot of stuff we didn't need and to have the space to have my friends stay and feel comfortable.

It was so much fun! We all went to the Children's Museum which was really cool for the kids. We went out to sushi and I cooked tortilla soup. Darla loved the extra attention and the extra cookies. The cats were not too sure what to think of the fast moving short people and they hid for the majority of the time. My favorite is that when we told the kids that our cat's name was Manj (somehow short for Armanda) they had difficulty pronouncing it and so Manj turned into Munch, which soon became Crunch and Munch - I think it just might stick.

It was so great to spend time with their whole family, but I miss them already. I am keeping my fingers crossed that B and I will be able to visit them in Korea.

Here are a few shots from Jamie's visit:

No comments: