Friday, February 19, 2010

I will never....

I don't know how many times I've said that.

Certainly hundreds in regards to school. I've eaten those words before. But this time I really meant it. When I graduated (not that long ago you may recall) I swore that was it. No more school for me. No more late nights, no more heavy text books, no more papers, tests, pop quizzes, group work, stress.......

It's not for me.

So.....I am applying for a PhD program......

I'm not sure how this came to be. One day, recently, it just kind of hit me that I'm ready. I have this strange and disturbing feeling that I might be able to do this. Here are the logistics:I am applying for the Educational Psychology program through UA. I have met with the Department Head and several faculty. They have been kind enough to extend the application deadline until May 1st for me, which gives me just a few weeks to study (and do well) on the GRE. If all goes well I could be starting school this fall. And, again, if all goes well, I will continue going to school for the next, oh I don't know, 5 or so years! Yikes. What have I done?

Please wish me luck! (I'm going to need all the help I can get!)

No comments: