Probably not surprising, there is a Thai place near my office that I am in love with; Vila Thai on University. I try to eat there at least once week, if not more. Their red curry is amazing and the lunch special comes with a side of Pad Thai. Soooo good! As I am such a loyal customer the staff has gotten to know me, and my order well. When I walk in, my favorite server Sarah, knows exactly what I want - C with white rice, 2 star (that's the red curry lunch special with a 2 for spiciness on a scale from 1 t0 5). She often stops at our table to chat with my mom and I, makes recommendations (I never deviate), and asks about our weekends. I have decided that I want to be friends with her. The term "friend crush" comes to mind. So, I work up the nerve to ask her to my birthday party. My friends think it's cute, my husband thinks I'm crazy. Lucky for me, she says yes!
Brandon assures me that she is only being nice, but I think that most people (not him) like to make new friends. Thanks to Facebook we make a friend date. It turns out that I am right, as usual.
So we meet up for a sushi lunch, spend way too much money, and gab like we've been friends forever. One thing leads to another and we end up at the mall. She knows about a 10$ shoe store and off we go. At the end of the day I've made a new friend and have two new, very cute pairs of shoes. The perfect way to begin a friendship, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment