Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Thankful Blogger

I have recently come across quite a few blogs dedicated to taking time to be thankful, to appreciate the small gifts in each day. One woman even wrote that to be thankful and to express gratitude is to make a happy life for yourself. That if you appreciate the things you have each day you will not want and you will be fulfilled and that you will give love to those around you - simply by being thankful. I believe this to be true. I have a lot to be thankful for each day, so here is what I am thankful for today:

  1. A husband who cooks with me and, even though he has sole control of the remote, will put on the shows I want to watch sometimes.
  2. Freedom - the freedom to be a woman and vote and speak my mind and work and dance and and and...the freedom to walk out of my house everyday and feel generally safe.
  3. Education - I am so blessed that I have the opportunity to continue learning and exploring this big world of ours.
  4. Parents who spoil me (a little bit rotten). They have taught me how to live a grateful life and how to appreciate the people and the things that I do have and have given me a sense of drive to obtain the things I do not.
  5. Thai red curry. And panang curry. And even green curry. ... Ah ha, I am thankful for a strong metabolism!

Taking the few minutes to make this list has certainly put a smile on my face (and a rumble in my tummy). Gratitude=Happiness.

No comments: