Here I am! Are you still with me?
I guess I have a lot to report.....Here's a somewhat spotty and miscellaneous recap (seriously this is only a tiny and unorganized portion of what's been going on):
1. Miss Darla spent a night in the hospital a few weeks back. This time was attributed to her love of compost. She passed a mango pit and a peach pit with a lot of help from VSCOT. Thank God for them because the worst case scenario would have been an insanely expensive surgery. I swear they will be able to name a building after her one of these days.... She is well, but under constant observation while outside; she is not to be trusted :(
2. I have started my new job at Pima Community College and I love it. I miss Eller quite a bit, but love the new opportunity to learn and grow. This is a brand new position for the college and I am working with the advising staff on training and development (as well as many other various projects they throw my way).
3. The neighbor's cat ate my baby birds. I had posted earlier this summer that I had a dove nesting in my backyard. She had raised 3 pairs of babies, and I loved seeing them every morning and watching them grow and then eventually fly away. This was her fourth set for the summer and my neighbor's cat figured out how to knock her nest down (hand crafted by B) and ate both babies. I was devastated. I felt like they were my pets and the momma seemed so sad. Needless to say she has not returned. And I am even more against outside cats than I was before...grrr.
4. I took an impromptu trip with my girlfriend to Puerto Penasco. It was super fun but very hot. We met a great waiter named Luis at Sr. Amigos; he had recognized my girl friend by her tattoo that he had commented on on a previous trip. He was fabulous as was the food!
5. And now I am sitting on the patio enjoying the cool weather. It is feeling like fall in the Old Pueblo. I am thinking about all of the great things that are coming up and that I will really need to keep up on my blog a little better - so much happens and then I post a lame update and can't even begin to recount all of the happenings that are blog worthy. Bear with me...lots more to come.
2 comments:
I'm glad you're back.
Post a Comment