Sunday, November 14, 2010

I think it's working

I am down 7 pounds as of today. I honestly can't believe it, but I sure am thrilled.
So what I am doing? B will tell you I am dieting....I prefer to think of it as a life style change. This is one of those things that I will need to commit to for life....ugh.

I have just made a few tiny changes

  • I am tread-milling for 30 minutes a day - everyday if I can. I am averaging about 6 days a week. I usually treadmill right when I get home from work, but will force my self to get on in the a.m. if I know I won't be able to later in the day.
  • I am counting those damn calories. yikes! This is tough, but it allows to me eat what I want, just in smaller portions. I have been doing pretty well at looking up healthier options when eating out, passing on snacks and desserts, and in general just not mindlessly grazing throughout the day. I'm even eating carrots and salads.......(my friends are worried)
  • I am drinking a ton of water....under the assumption that water will make me feel full and therefore not hungry....this seems to work most of the time.

So that's it. So far. I know most "diets" need revamping every now and then to stay motivated and to continue losing so I am up for change. Small change. One, small change at a time.

What has worked for you?




P.S. Here are a few of my favorite things so far:
  • Pei Wei Chopped Chicken Salad - 390 calories. The trick with Pei Wei is that their portions are two servings, so you have to only eat half - makes for a cheap date if B and I split it.
  • Trader Joe's Kettle Brewed Unsweetened Tea, with a hint of mint - 0 calories
  • Subway Veggie Delight - about 230 calories, I add avocado so it's probably a little more.
  • I am totally trying to avoid fast food, but they just opened a Taco Bell right down the street, so...Their Fresco tacos are decent (I mean for taco bell, right?) and only about 150 calories each.
Let me know if you have any favorites you could recommend.

1 comment:

Xochi Mama said...

Usually for a snack, a small apple and a stick of low fat string cheese does it for me. Grazing is hard to give up. Perhaps when you get the urge for snacking, walk around for 5-10 minutes and see if you are still hungry.