Friday, November 12, 2010

Thank god for four pounds!

Last weekend two of my favorite people got married! Congratulations Steven and Nicole. B was in the wedding and looked very handsome all dressed up in his tux. Because he was going to be dressed to the nines I wanted to look nice too. I decided on this dress ( see below) that had been hanging in my closet for close to two years, tags still attached. It hadn't even crossed my mind that I might not fit into it. So just before we are due at the wedding venue I slip the dress on.....but we can't get it zipped....

Of course, this breaks my heart. I begin crying. I am so upset and really don't have anything else to wear. I don't know why, but all of a sudden I decided that I would indeed fit into this dress. So I put it on again - like magic the zipper goes up this time....just barely, but it's up and secure. At this point, I am mixed with emotions: grateful that I am in the dress and saddened that I have gained so much weight.

I look in the mirror, and the dress fits just perfectly. Not to be defeated, I am so thankful that I have lost just 4 pounds so far. Without that small progress I would not have fit into the dress and may have stayed home sulking. It was frustrating, but also encouraging...I wonder what other treasures I will find in my closet along the way.

The best part...I got to dance with my husband. He really hates to dance, but at weddings he'll usually give in to one slow dance.



No comments: