Monday, December 20, 2010

More dreams ... not food related, but equally disturbing

Hello friends, it's been a while - just busy getting ready for the holidays; shopping, work parties, eating way too much....you know.  Anyway, I thought I would drop a quick post before I forget the very bizarre dream I had last night.  I found it amusing and hope you do too.

I have nightmares if I get too cold at night.  Of course this makes winters a bit scary so to speak, but I keep many blankets bundled all around me and cuddle real close to the husband (to his chagrin).  Generally, I sleep well, and dream of potato chips and beaches.  Well last night I must have kicked the covers off because I began to have a very scary dream.  It was night time, very dark, maybe in my neighborhood - that I can't be sure of.  There were many cars parked in the street and it sounded like the Batman movies - the sirens, and noise of a busy city in the background.  I'm not sure what I am doing - just standing around I suppose.  And then all of a sudden a group of men appear from behind the parked cars, walking towards me.  They are wearing baggy clothing and all have guns in their hands.  Terrifying right - it gets scarier....

I'm not sure if my mind was not in the mood for a scary dream or if at this point B covered me up, because just as I felt the terror flood through me the men's guns turned to into microphones, the beat up old cars to limos, the clothes were still baggy, but add a bit of bling.  These scary gangstas, if you will, morphed into a boy band....and the scene the stage of a music video.  And then I woke up.

So weird.

Just for fun I went ahead and looked up the meaning of this dream at www.dreammoods.com - unfortunately it didn't tell me anything about what dreaming about boy bands mean, but it did say this:

Gun
To see a gun in your dream, symbolizes aggression, anger, and potential danger. You may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence.


which then turned into a:


Microphone
To see a microphone in your dream, suggests that you need to be more assertive and forceful. You need to voice your opinions more strongly and make your views known. 


This actually makes a lot of sense to me right now...but that is for another post at another time.

No comments: