
As pretty much everyone already knows Brandon and I are in the process of purchasing our first home. This particular house was already under contract when we found it by chance when looking at another house in the neighborhood. Lucky for us, the people who originally planned to buy it were not able to sell their house in time and their contract fell through. We jumped on it - we made a solid offer and allowed for a 3 week close as well as only a 3 day inspection period! Everything moved so fast, but now we are at a stand still! My money is ready, my documents provided, but the title company seems to be completely incompetent and unaware of what their job duties entail. So, instead of closing tomorrow as scheduled the house will be ours on Monday. I know this isn't a long delay and that the house will still be ours, but I just don't understand why so much is expected of me, but no one else seems to be able to just do their job. Okay, that isn't true - it is just this title company that can't get their act together. My loan officer and my real estate agent are awesome and have been so helpful to us during this process! I highly recommend them if any of you are in the market for a new home. Anyway, the celebration will be delayed, but I wanted to give everyone a first glimpse of the new Casa de Pope-Malings and let you know that a lot of work needs to be done so we don't plan to move until mid-march with a house warming following in April or May. I will of course keep you up to date.
No comments:
Post a Comment