Friday, May 30, 2008

At a Stand Still

So, not much has happened in the way of home renovation. My dad injured himself several weeks ago and hasn't been able to do much of anything. I finally convinced him that he may need to see a doctor, and have requested a doctor's excuse for his absence from my home.
So far the kitchen is done! I haven't unpacked our dishes yet, but hope to do that this weekend. We have been cooking and cleaning and living like almost normal people. The living room is also done for the most part. The tile is down and we have moved our new furniture in (which is fabulous). We still need to hang window coverings and put in baseboards, but for now it is liveable. Unfortuantely, thats where it ends. We are still using the original, yucky bathroom, most of the floor is untiled, we have no window coverings, our roof tried to blow off a few days ago when we had severe wind (thank goodness B is becoming quite the handyman), and on and on.
Needless to say, I am a bit frustrated. Of course I am concerned for my dad's wellfare and am not upset with him at all, but I am ready to have my house done or maybe more done. I want to take some nice photos and send out a change of address card to all of our distant friends and family. And, of course, I really, really, REALLY want to have a housewarming party. My fingers are crossed for July.
A few happy home things to add: we have a lot of wildlife in our yard. The neighbor told us that there have been several coyote sightings, so we haven't let the cats go outside. But they can watch various birds, including owls and hawks, and squirrals from the windows. And I have started walking Klyde in the park, which he loves and there's a pool that eventually I will explore further.
I guess that's all for now. Stay tuned for more upates :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Moving into a new home is always an experience :). I hope you get everything together in time for your house warming party. I recently renovated my bathroom and I love it. My favorite piece is the new vanity sink that I got from Buy Vanities Online and it looks fantastic. You can get lots of great stuff there along with sinks. Here's a link:

http://www.buyvanitiesonline.com/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium
=media&utm_campaign=vanity