Haha, sure she does, but why don't we request 150$ blood test that turns out to be highly inaccurate most of the time just for fun.
Just received a call from Darla's doc. According to the valley fever titer Darla is fine! I must have a slight case of Munchausen syndrome by proxy. Actually, as I had mentioned in a previous blog, the valley fever titer is highly unreliable. The doc was hoping that maybe Darla would finally "titer out" so that we could track the level of valley fever in her blood stream, which would allow us to see how well the meds are working, but as with most things, Darla won't cooperate.
So, what does it all mean? Well, Darla has had two vets confirm her valley fever diagnosis via x-rays and we are treating her with valley fever meds. We no longer have to pay for expensive blood titers (she'll still need blood tests to make sure the medication isn't poisoning her). She will have to have more x-rays in December to see what our next steps would be (possibly getting off meds...yeah right!). The good news is that we know the medicine is working! Her swelling is down and I was able to take her off of her pain meds. Darla might just get to have a normal puppy life after all (I hope I didn't speak to soon).
No comments:
Post a Comment