While I was watering my garden this morning I scared off a lizard, as I usually do. A few lizards hang out in the garden where its cool and they eat all the little bugs that wander through. Today I noticed that this particular lizard had been digging quite a little burrow. I don't know much about lizards, so I assumed it was making a little home, or a cool hiding place.A while later I came back out to check on her progress. This time she was inside the hole and really had no where to go. Unfortunately for her, my inner 7 year old scientist came out and I wanted to find out if lizards bite. I almost stuck my finger right into her mouth, but thought better of it, and instead used a twig. Basically I poked the poor creature right in the face. She didn't bite, but she looked angry - I mean, for a lizard I thought she looked angry. She was probably scared half to death!
I went back again this evening to see if she was still there, but what I found was exciting enough to blog about!
The hole is completely covered up. This makes me think that it must be a nest! I think she was laying her eggs in my garden. So she probably didn't look pissed, she probably looked like she was about to lay eggs! I have tried to do a bit of research via the net without much luck. My inner 7 year old scientist really wants to dig it up and see if there are in fact eggs, but I will restrain myself. I hope I'm right about the eggs and I hope there will be someway to know or see when they hatch.
1 comment:
Very cool! We should have a welcoming party :)
Post a Comment